I do developmental and copy editing for nonfiction work including:
- web content
- professional communications
Need a quote? Please email me a description of the project and your deadline.
The Tico Times
2015 – 2016
- Developed and edited books related to Costa Rican culture, including Love in Translation and The Green Season.
- Served as a backup news editor, fielding stories filed by reporters and monitoring wire services for stories relevant to our audience.
Editor & Project Manager
Zona Tropical Press
2012 – 2015
- Developed natural history titles from beginning to end, often in collaboration with partners Cornell University Press and Princeton University Press.
- Helped plan the structure and features of each book, including visual elements.
- Edited and fact-checked manuscripts; contributed writing as needed.
- Managed international teams of authors, illustrators, science editors, cartographers, designers and printers to bring projects to completion on time and within budget.
- My work spanned field guides, photography books and children’s books.
- Primary projects include: Birds of Botswana; The Birds of Costa Rica, 2nd edition; Peterson Field Guide to Birds of Northern Central America.